How We Helped a Cleaning Brand Reach Millennials
Trying to get millennials to care about floor care requires, well, some creative thinking. Luckily, that’s our specialty. When our client O-Cedar needed to reach a younger audience, we used research, smart influencer partnerships and unpaid media to create an exciting campaign that exceeded all KPIs.
We conducted research and the below jumped out at us:
- National data shows that 60% of young American adults live with roommates
- Our independent research that found 47% of millennials say cleanliness is the most important factor when choosing a roommate
Using this data, O-Cedar announced National Roommate Appreciation Day (June 6th) and we promoted all month through:
- A partnership with star of popular FOX TV show New Girl, Hannah Simone for an overall social reach of over 2.9 million, and media outreach including an interview with leading home design website Apartment Therapy (11.8 UMV) to promote the campaign.
- Posts from millennial micro-influencer partners which achieved an average 6.5% engagement rate (nearly triple the average rate of 2.2%).
- Launched dedicated landing page which received over 31,300 page views throughout the month-long campaign.
- Hosted $5,000 Ultimate Roommate Appreciation Sweepstakes which received over 11,000 entries.
- Designed a Roommate Agreement to help roommates make house “rules” which received more than 1,000 consumer downloads.
- Distributed an infographic highlighting our survey findings which received 1,016 online pick-ups and a campaign press release which garnered 87 online pick-ups.