3C Team Celebrates Surge for Water’s 10th Annual Moonlight Masquerade Gala
Every year, our team looks for the opportunity to take on a pro bono client whose cause inspires us. So when Surge for Water, an international nonprofit focused on providing safe water and sanitation solutions across the globe, asked for our expertise to promote their 10th annual gala in Chicago and help raise awareness nationally, we were thrilled to team up.
In support of the gala, our team executed a simple and effective PR program in 4 weeks:
- Created regional media buzz – drafted and distributed a gala press release and pitched Chicago lifestyle media for features in their event calendars as well as post-event coverage.
- Informed and invited influencers – sought the help of local influencers to share the gala details on their social channels, including providing their readers with discounted tickets for the gala.
- Provided on-going guidance – constant communication with the Surge team ensured that they knew how our program was progressing ahead of the gala.
In one month, we achieved the following results:
- Three event calendar listings from local outlets including Metromix, Chicago Woman and Make it Better.
- Social media coverage from three Chicago influencers who shared the event details along with their unique purchasing codes on their channels.
- Gala attendance from one influencer along with coordinating an Instagram giveaway for two of her followers to accompany her to the event.
On September 15th, our team attended Surge’s Moonlight Masquerade Gala. We mingled with hundreds of other attendees who support and believe in Surge’s mission. That night the organization exceeded its fundraising goal by nearly 40%, raising over $83,000, and saw the events highest attendance in history. With the funds raised, tens of thousands of people in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Philippines, and Uganda will have access to safe water for years to come— an enormous impact! We were honored to be a part of such a successful event.
Our team is looking forward to continuing our PR efforts to help more people learn about Surge, so the organization can achieve their goal of impacting one million people by early 2019.